- Student completes at their own pace and on their own computer
- May complete in as little as 3 weeks or maximum of 6 months
- Same 30 hour requirement as in-person class
- Same price as in-person class
- Recommended that students be 15 years old
- If students have questions help will be provided
Summary of the Drivers Education Process
- State law requires students to complete 30 hours of classroom or online instruction.
- It’s recommended students be at least 15 years old for either the online course or in-person classroom.
- Students are encouraged to study the WI Motorist Handbook. Visit our website streetsmartsdriving.net and click on helpful links to view the Motorist Handbook.
- Students obtain their actual permit at the DMV when they are at least 15 ½.
- In order to get their permit students will need: original birth certificate, social security card, Form 3001 (provided by Street Smarts instructor), and $35 permit fee.
- State law requires 6 hours of behind the wheel training and 6 hours observing for anyone under 18 years of age.
- Students can take a road test at the DMV six months from the day they receive their permit.